Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Card Fun!

2011 - Christmas Card Project
I’m more artistically challenged than I am creative, but this year (with the help of my mother-in-law) I have decided to craft my own Christmas Cards. It was actually pretty simple, a lot of fun, and after the initial $70 investment in products – not too expensive.

I used all Stampin’ Up Products because my MIL is a demonstrator, and because I’ve seen many wonderful cards made with this brand. If you’d like to order Stampin’ Up for yourself – please do so through her website by CLICKING HERE.  

Supplies:
Pacific Blue Card Stock  
Tempting Turquoise Card Stock
Silver Glimmer Paper
Whisper White Paper
Silver Ribbon *Not Stampin' Up*
Pacific Blue Marker
Black Marker
Orange Marker
Dazzling Detail (bottle)
Snow Much Fun Stamp Set
Christmas Saying *Not Stampin’ Up*
Paper Cutter
Black StazOn Ink
Dot Runner Tape
Tacky Tape (1/4” Wide)
Ribbon Hole Puncher *Not Stampin’ Up*
Scissors
Stampin’ Scrub
Stampin’ Mist
****************
Card “Recipe”:
1) Cut ALL paper products.

I originally started making these as your typical folding card, then realized I needed about 20 more cards than I had enough paper for. So… I made the executive decision to make my cards back-to-back as opposed to the traditional folding card.



Cutting Specks:
Pacific Blue Paper: 4¼ X 5½
 *If you are making one-sided cards –Cut each piece in half.
Tempting Turquoise Paper: 4 X 5¼
Silver Glimmer Paper: 3¼ X 3¼  
Whisper White Paper: 3X3
2)      Stamp Snowman on Whisper White paper

3)      Color Pacific Blue on Hat and Scarf, Basic Black on Boots, and Orange on Nose.
4)      Squeeze a little Dazzling Detail on Snowman’s Buttons, End of his hat, and the snowball.
5)      Border the back of the Whisper White paper with the Tacky Tape and stick to silver glimmer paper.
6)      Punch Ribbon holes in center/bottom of the Turquoise paper.
7)      Cut Ribbon to about the length of the paper.
I didn't think about the ribbon when I was designing the card in my head with my MIL. She thought it would be a nice touch, so we headed to Hobby Lobby and picked up the Ribbon Hole Punch and the Ribbon.
8)      Insert one ribbon end through each hole from the front and then cross them in the back bringing each end through the other side.


9)      Border the back of the Glimmer paper with dot runner and stick to top portion of the Tempting Turquoise.


10) Border the Turquoise Paper with dot runner and stick to Pacific Blue Card Stock Paper.
11)   Stamp Message on the upper backside of Pacific Blue paper.

I used a message stamp that my mom bought me from Hobby Lobby, but you can use any message stamp you’d like – Stampin’ Up has some great ones. You can actually see in the "supplies" photo that I originally had "Hope Your Christmas is Snow Much Fun" (included in stamp set) under the snowman picture, but I changed it when I discovered I needed more paper.

12)   Sign Card, Place in Envelope, Apply Postage and let it bring a smile to someone’s face!

No comments:

Post a Comment