Friday, November 11, 2011

The Goodwill Steal


Like many-a frugal persons, I have no qualms about releasing my fashion nose in a search and rescue dog style within the walls of the local Goodwill store. We have an outlet shop here in town, and I can’t tell you how many $80+ dollar Ann Taylor skirts that I bought for only a mere $1.50 on Half Off Saturdays.

But this post isn’t about skirts, no It’s about buying a few good, decent jeans to wear post-pregnancy. Since I still have a hard time (that’s right, only a hard time) fitting in to my size 2 pre-pregnancy jeans I had to go shopping because the maternity pants were sagging to my knees with no belly to help hold them up.

I had to buy size 8 jeans (which I am in no way upset about, I think it’s a wonderful thing actually – perfect size).

It took me about an hour to realize I needed the size 8’s, but after I realized this I went to TOWN! But, I guess I’ll stop teasing you and tell you about my steal of a deal…

Due to spending way too much time at the Goodwill, I have noticed that if a brand is at the Outlet Mall and “popular” - the store automatically puts a “boutique” tag on it… (I once passed a J. Crew tank top with a HOLE in it marked at $7.00) – This has helped me out so much, but I was extra happy to find this deal! ….

I had a pair of Old Navy jeans that were marked up to $9.00 as a “boutique” item. I also had a pair of Banana Republic jeans…not marked up… hmm… and the Old navy pair had a stain on the back pocket (which my husband pointed out when I rambled how I couldn’t believe the BR jeans were not “boutique”… but I won’t complain.) I bought a pair of $80 jeans that honestly look brand-new not even washed for $3.50. I LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment