Friday, October 21, 2011

Nursery Rhymes - "Singing Saturdays"

Now that I have my own baby daughter – I’ve come to realize that I’m not as familiar with Nursery Rhymes as I once thought. It was easy to fake it as the Aunt when you only have to sing to them every once in a while. I thought it would be nice if every Saturday became “Singing Saturday”. Every week I’ll try to find a new Nursery Rhyme to post for everyone. There will be a video of me singing it to Baby K every once in a while, but it may or may not be altered…

For example: The first one I am going to post tomorrow will be “Hush Little Baby”. I’ve sung this many times, never knowing the exact items after the Diamond Ring I have become comfortable with my own list of items that I use to replace the one before, and my version is slightly longer before cycle back to the beginning.
I hope you enjoy learning these timeless rhymes with me, and have fun finding where we may have been singing them all wrong for all these years! Again, this begins tomorrow, and will be a weekly post.

No comments:

Post a Comment